Austin Property Management
Austin Property Management & Brokerage Services for the Investor, Landlord, Resident, and Homeowner
Whether you are a current client or one who is considering Property Connections for Austin property management and brokerage services, we offer comprehensive resources to help you reach your goals. Here we’ve gathered a few basic facts about the Austin area relevant to real estate. Please reach out to us for additional information and analysis that may be helpful.
Austin is located in the Hill Country region of Central Texas, surrounded by lakes and rivers, including the Colorado River. The city is the state capital and the 11th most populated city in the country.
The economy in Austin is as diverse as the city’s residents, earning several well-deserved nicknames including Keep Austin Weird, Live Music Capital of the World, and Silicon Hills. Austin is home to numerous high tech companies including Apple, Amazon, and PayPal. Major industries keeping the Austin economy booming include the technology, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical sectors.
Austin is ranked among the fastest-growing cities in America and has been #1 in population growth for eight years in a row, according to CBS Austin. In fact, about 100 people move to Austin each and every day. In less than 10 years, the population of the Metro Austin area has grown by about 20%.
Austin’s housing demand was unbelievable last year and is looking attractive once again this year. Growing high-tech employment from companies like Apple and Oracle are causing home sales and prices in the Austin real estate market to jump while inventory of available homes for sale in Austin has dropped to levels never seen before due to the steady influx of job creation.
It may come as no surprise that Austin also had the hottest job market in the U.S. last year, according to Inc.com. The publication notes that Apple’s new $1 billion corporate campus designed to hold 15,000 employees is helping to create an influx of technology jobs. Wage growth in Austin was 5% last year, making the market extra appealing for job hunting and relocation. With more business relocations in the pipeline, the real estate market in Austin is predicted to keep outperforming.
In a red-hot real estate market like Austin, it’s no surprise that more people rent than own. According to WalletHub, Austin ranks among the top 45 best cities for renters based on 24 key measures of rental attractiveness and quality of life, including price changes, cost of living, and job availability. Austin’s booming job market, plentiful nightlife options, diverse dining scene and outdoor experiences are some of the reasons why young professionals are flocking to the capital city of Texas.
- Austin is ranked as the #1 place in the nation to live by U.S. News & World Report.
- Forbes lists Austin as the 8th best place for business and careers, 9th best place for job growth, and 16th best place for education.
- Austin receives an “A+” grade from Niche.com with top-of-the-class grades for public schools, family living, nightlife, and diversity.
- The music scene in Austin is second to none, earning the city the nickname the “Live Music Capital of the World.”
- WalletHub lists Austin as the 4th best place in the U.S. to find a job.
- Climate in Austin is humid subtropical with very long and hot summers and short mild winters.
- There’s always something to do in Austin, such as music festivals, Hill Country wine tastings, motorsports, outdoors and nightlife, and sports.
- Pro sports teams in Austin include the Round Rock Express for baseball, Austin Spurs for basketball, and the AHL’s Texas Stars.
- St. David’s Medical Center and Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin are two of the best hospitals in Austin, Texas.